Priya’s Shakti

About

This female Graphic Novelists work is very inspiring because it is a lot like some of my own work in many ways and she has has the backing and funding to be able to bring her comics into the modern world in very innovative ways. I love the fact that she has made some of her work into murals that are digitally interactive and that her work is available digitally free to all.

Inspiration because of the themes it deals with as well as the design elements that I would like to work on more in the future.

This is a piece of my artwork from about 10years ago.
another of my pieces of work which i a snippet from a much larger painting.
another of mine about racism and slavery

I have noticed similarities between my work and the work of Priyas Shakti- The way we both uses collage to make our comic pages, and the panel structure is unusual. Also there are links in the fact that when at an interview at The Royal Drawing School I was told that my paintings /comic pages would also work well as Murals.

I am also really interested in turning my work into digital interactive works and have been looking more at ways of doing this in the past year.

I deal with sensitive subject matter in my work and would like to be able to take this further.

The images below are all from a series of Graphic narrative/ comics that I made between 2003 and 2010.

Another of my drawings from early 2000's
Another of my drawings from early 2000’s
exploring sensitive subject matter
exploring sensitive subject matter
comic-strip-2
This is a page from a graphic narrative I began developing 15years ago this pageis from 2017.
2bn-141
work about chinese culture and racism.
2bn-139
a snippet of a larger drawing about eating disorders and starvation.
starved
a page from a book I was making about starvation